In these unique times, we are constantly being challenged to explore new ways of perceiving the now. Dropping on June 8th, 2020, the SOONOW INSTANT RAINBOW by HYT tells this intensely contemporary, fluid story in a captivating, colorful way. Time’s intrinsic flow presents itself as a broad spectrum of possibility. “Now” potentially lasts forever, as it continually becomes what was “soon” just a moment ago. Stopping and preserving time are as illusory as scheduling and prolonging a rainbow. All we can do is enjoy the beauty of both phenomena as they appear to us.
When the past meets the future, something beautiful happens. It’s called the present.
This multi-colored timepiece, integrating the HYT patented fluidic module, shows time and light performing their intrinsic magic, just as a ray of light interacts with water drop to create a rainbow.
Its design is rooted in the truth that both are in constant motion. Its message is that both should always be appreciated and never restrained. Yellow and blue, two of the three primary colors, trace the paths of elapsed and future time respectively.
The other colors of the rainbow spread across and around the dial with refined gradual shading. Light dances with 668 sapphires, amethysts and tsavorites in 14 color variations. In combination with the violet anodized titanium dial, covered with 313 18-carat yellow gold pins, this heightens the overall radiance of the mesmerizing, three-dimensional whole.
At a time when circumstances challenge us to focus gratefully on life, the styling of the skeleton on the dial of the SOONOW INSTANT RAINBOW has a hypnotic quality.
Its right eye shows the power reserve progressing smoothly through the entire color spectrum, as does the seconds indicator in the other socket. Different monochrome Super-LumiNova® outlines, around the openings for the eyes, nose and mouth, draw gazes.
And, almost as a tongue-in-cheek reference to the hoped-for pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, is a grin full of solid gold teeth. These, and all times, should be looked straight in the eye from a place of wonder and hope.
- Stainless steel, black DLC coating and satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8 mm
- Height: 20.08 mm
- Stainless steel screw-down crown
- Domed sapphire crystal; intra-material HYT logo and engraved hour indication
- Screwed case-back, with sapphire crystal, “one of eight” decal
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Blue fluidic hours (inverted liquids)
- Seconds, power reserve
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- Hand-bevelled bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
- 65-hour power reserve
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube with nano-coating interior, bent into a new shaped form
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellows and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluid restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Blue-purple anodized titanium central dial, 313 gold pins (18-carat)
- Side dials set with stones, 668 stones (sapphire, amethyst, tsavorite), 14 color variations, 4.73-carat
- Yellow Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Gold teeth (18-carat)
- Seconds indicator disc (left eye)
- Power reserve indicator (right eye)
- Red and blue Super-LumiNova® outline around the eye’s openings
- Orange Super-LumiNova® outline around the nose opening
- Blue Super-LumiNova® outline around the mouth opening
Black rubber, titanium folding buckle, black DLC coating
H02513; Limited edition of 8 pieces