The concept of fluid time has every color wheel spinning, as turquoise, orange and burgundy wink at life’s constant potential for those who open their eyes to it. HYT’s fresh design outlook meets a retail concept to match. Blink and you’ll miss it…
Just five pieces of this stunning timepiece will become available globally on March 12, 2020.
HYT is no stranger to taking watchmaking to new limits and territories. Following in the footsteps of a unique, propriety fluidic mechanism and the development of an intricate, skull-shaped capillary, it’s now time for an unexpected color scheme to turn heads.
The anodized titanium dial of the SOONOW DROP THREE presents a turquoise canvas for a skull in burgundy and orange. This incorporates 313 pins in 18-carat rose gold and almost 1,000 high-precision perforations. Smiling out of the skull are rose gold teeth that engage rather than spook. One eye socket acts as a colorful power reserve display. The other focuses on the passing of the seconds, featuring “small print” reminding of the imminence of SOON turning into NOW.
Meticulous micro-painting subtly frames all of the skull’s facial features, while Orange Super-LumiNova® here and underneath the capillary add an extra vibrant signature.
The SOONOW timepiece by HYT reflects the times we live in through a dynamic and colorful union of art and science. These times suspend the present in a constant flow that owes its momentum to the power of the past and the promise of the future.
Moving on is the norm of contemporary life. In the watch, this ongoing process is in the capable hands of the fluidic module that fuels an exclusive mechanical movement in seamless collaboration. Recently elapsed time is represented by transparent liquid to convey clarity. The pending future adopts a sleek, enigmatic black. Complementing the art of color in this piece is the art of form. An architectural approach houses domed shaping, smooth lines and multi-layering.
Written-out numbers appear to float above the skull’s outline, endorsed by perforated renditions encircling the case. This drop won’t let you forget that it will soon be now.
- Stainless steel and satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8 mm
- Height: 20.08 mm
- Stainless steel screw-down crown
- Domed sapphire crystal; intra-material HYT logo and engraved hour indication
- Screwed case-back, with sapphire crystal, “one of five” decal
- Water-resistant to 50 metres
- Black fluidic hours (inverted liquids)
- Seconds, power reserve
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive calibre
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- Hand-bevelled bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
- 65-hour power reserve
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube with nano-coating interior, bent into a new shaped form
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one coloured with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellows and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluid restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Turquoise and burgundy anodized titanium dial, 937 perforations
- Hour markers with numerals written in full around the side of the dial
- 313 gold pins (18-carat)
- Orange Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Gold teeth (18-carat)
- Seconds indicator disc (left eye) with “SOON” and “NOW” pattern
- Power reserve indicator (right eye)
- Orange Super-LumiNova® outline around the eye, nose and mouth openings
Orange rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02455; Limited edition of 5 pieces