Erosion is never a snapshot; it’s evolution’s faithful storyteller. HYT’s unerring commitment to making sense of time follows exactly the same pattern. Just as erosion has gradually given our earth the mountain peaks, valleys and coastlines we treasure, the H5 timepiece mindfully shapes our perception of time. By showcasing time’s flow, it helps us to value what was, what is and what may be. Layer by layer, element by element, the essence and relevance of time are revealed. Because time and innovation are always on the move.
Erosion is never a snapshot; it’s evolution’s faithful storyteller.
The brand new proprietary 501 caliber is the epitome of opposites attracting to generate seamless harmony. Three years of development, spent largely outside the horological comfort zone, have led to a single mechanism that harnesses the potentially paradoxical power of mechanical and fluid technology. Generous dimensions and transparency prove that the result is as beautiful as it is effective. HYT loves to visualize time moving forward; the H5’s ground-breaking movement is an esthetic and technical leap in the very same direction.
A hand-winding mechanism sets a consistent pace and releases precisely the right amount of energy for two contrasting immiscible liquids to flow inside the capillary tube to represent the recent past and the near future. Visible through the sapphire case back, an intricately shaped cam offers thirteen different possibilities to adjust and index the hour and minute indications, ensuring they operate as one. An over-sized, curved lever connects the movement’s collaborating elements. This orchestrates a complex chain reaction, whereby the caliber pushes against a regulating bellow with walls four times thinner than a human hair to launch time’s next twelve-hour journey. HYT is an established master at enabling art and science to share the same space.
In the age of impatient immediacy, time’s value risks dilution. The HYT H5 is dedicated to measuring time in a way that draws attention to both its intrinsic passage and precious essence. An architectural approach, inspired by erosion, reveals the layers that create the whole in all its purity. A substance that erodes reveals. If this doesn’t happen, the story isn’t told. Three-dimensionality and transparency invite viewing from all angles – by a generation obsessed with artificial intelligence and new virtual territories. A domed sapphire glass is ingeniously curved around a bold stainless steel case to simultaneously present and protect. Stratified metal components, stepping and sinuous lines support the design’s strong storyline.
The innovative neoralite external flange, with its cut-out numerals further enhance the H5’s fascination with perspective. The striking vertical digits appear to float around the watch during the day and start to glow as darkness falls. Created from one single piece of luminescent, Super-LumiNova®-filled, translucent material, this component’s complex production process involves 3D printing, molding, injection and subtle grinding. Like natural erosion, personal evolution continues around the clock, time after time.
The H5 by HYT comes in two limited editions, each of 25 pieces. They both have green on the color palette and opt for either black or grey to make their individual statements.
- Stainless steel, satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8mm
- Height: 20.08mm
- Stainless steel crown
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Screwed case-back, sapphire crystal, “one of twenty-five” print
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Green fluidic hours
- Minutes, seconds, power reserve
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 41 jewels
- Rhodium thinly-sandblasted bridges
- 65-hour power reserve
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Neoralite hour ring with Cool Grey 9c Super-LumiNova®
- Hour flange with black numerals
- Black Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Minute counter with black index and numerals, black minute hand with C7 Super-LumiNova®
- Seconds flange with black hand
- Power reserve flange with black hand
Grey rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02351; Limited edition 25 pieces