Bold. Immediate. Individual.
When soon becomes now, immediacy rewards desire. The SOONOW DROP ONE limited edition by HYT pays a vibrant, colorful tribute to the power of time’s flow to create unrepeatable moments. Due to be unveiled at a special event in New York City on November 7, 2019, this stunning timepiece is as individual as it is unexpected. Just five pieces are available, to capture five personal stories of uniqueness, every minute of every day.
What color is time?
Like life, time is never black and white. As soon becomes now, time and again, existences gain new dimensions and meaning, tinged with overtones of productive anticipation and tension. The bold color scheme of the SOONOW DROP ONE, and the expressive skull, are a spectacular celebration of individuality. The ongoing, dynamic creation of time’s content is heightened by the product drop concept. This perfectly showcases rarity as luxury, as well as the importance of seizing the moment.
Blue flirts with purple on an anodized titanium dial hosting 313 18-karat yellow gold pins and 937 high-precision perforations. The color green characterizes striking detail in the eye sockets and the atmospheric glow of a Super-LumiNova® rail. Lacquered neon orange carefully traces the outlines of the eye, nose and mouth openings. All of the facial features in the SOONOW DROP ONE keep life’s vital transience front of mind. One eye socket is home to a power reserve disc in green, orange and black. The other eye focuses on the passing of the seconds; there the words “SOON” and “NOW” remind us of time’s transience more dramatically than the most reactive iris ever could.
Diverse is the new harmonious
Like a drop of water, the SOONOW DROP ONE highlights the importance of the now, suspended fleetingly between the past and present. In an unexpected union, a patented fluidic module operating in perfect harmony with an exclusive mechanical movement, visualize this flow. Two partially visible, multi-layer bellows inject energy into the system. These initiate the representation of time’s transience via two liquids. Contrasting with the transparent fluid used to document recent time is an enigmatic black one, reflecting the unknown character of the future.
Art meets science as three-dimensionality and transparency shape the watch’s identity and functionality. An architectural approach simultaneously depicts the passage of time and its capacity to accommodate diverse perspectives. Domed shaping, smooth lines and multi-layering form the structure of this head-turning piece, which sits comfortably and confidently on the wrist. The passing of the hours can be contemplated via written out numbers that appear to float above the skull’s silhouette. Or they can be confirmed from a side-view thanks to being spelled out by intricate drilling, echoing the dial’s mathematical perforation theme. The SOONOW DROP ONE by HYT presents time’s flow as a meticulously executed piece of art. Which in fact it is, once the wearer adds his or her unique signature.
- Stainless steel and satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8 mm
- Height: 20.08 mm
- Stainless steel screw-down crown
- Domed sapphire crystal; intra-material HYT logo and engraved hour indication
- Screwed case-back, with sapphire crystal, “one of five” decal
- Water-resistant to 50 metres
- Black fluidic hours (inverted liquids)
- Seconds, power reserve
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive calibre
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- Hand-bevelled bridges adorned with Côtes de Genève
- 65-hour power reserve
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube with nano-coating interior, bent into a new shaped form
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one coloured with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellows and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluid restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Blue-purple anodized titanium dial, 937 perforations
- Hour markers with numerals written in full around the side of the dial
- 313 gold pins (18-carat)
- Green Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Polymer teeth
- Seconds indicator disc (left eye) with “SOON” and “NOW” pattern
- Power reserve indicator (right eye)
- Orange lacquer outline around the eye, nose and mouth openings
Black rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02239; Limited edition of 5 pieces