Fluid. Revealing. Essential.
Water erosion traces the ongoing impact of Nature on Earth’s substance; fluid time by HYT tracks an unrelenting path through the past, present and future. The new H5 turns to the color blue to make its mark on an essentially contemporary concept of time. Using a design language focused on three-dimensionality and transparency, this timepiece reveals time’s passage in the form of a vivid azure liquid. Running steadily through a fine capillary, the fluid frames a multi-layered horological masterpiece where movement is the constant.
The harmony of diversity
Mechanical and fluidic innovation join forces in a propriety calibre, the 501. Two years of development went into a mechanism where opposites attract and harmoniously interact. Layer by layer, element by element, the essence and relevance of time are revealed in a beautiful visual theatre. After all, HYT is an established master at enabling art and science to share the same stage.
Dynamism in detail
In the unique movement, a hand-winding unit sets a consistent pace. This releases precisely the right amount of energy for two contrasting immiscible liquids to represent the recent past, the present and the near future. Visible through the see-through sapphire case back, an intricately shaped cam offers thirteen different possibilities to adjust and index the hour and minute indications, ensuring they operate as one. An over-sized, curved lever connects the movement’s collaborating elements. This orchestrates a complex chain reaction, whereby the caliber pushes against a regulating bellow four times thinner than a human hair to launch time’s next twelve-hour journey.
The new H5 variation by HYT combines an array of shades of grey – from anthracite on the hour ring and flange, to a gun-metal bridge – with dynamic colored accents. This punctuates the layered look and highlights the core message that each tiny element of the whole is vital to seamless dynamic performance. A sense of vibrancy is heightened by white Super-LumiNova® under the blue liquid that shows elapsed time, and the neoralite hour ring. A bright red arc and a black hand, matching that of the second counter, distinguish the power reserve. Just as erosion is Nature’s storyteller, fluidity is the storyteller of time itself.
The blue edition of H5 by HYT comes in a limited edition of 25 pieces.
- Stainless steel, satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8mm
- Height: 20.08mm
- Stainless steel crown
- Domed sapphire crystal
- Screwed case-back, sapphire crystal, “one of twenty-five” print
- Water-resistant to 50 meters
- Blue fluidic hours
- Minutes, seconds, power reserve
- Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive caliber
- 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 41 jewels
- Rhodium thinly-sandblasted bridges
- 65-hour power reserve
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic connection of the fluidic system guaranteed by a trident
- Anthracite neoralite hour ring with white Super-LumiNova®
- Anthracite hour flange with white numerals
- White Super-LumiNova® rail under the capillary
- Minute counter with black index and numerals, black minute hand with white Super-LumiNova®
- Seconds flange with black hand
- Power reserve flange with black hand
Grey rubber, titanium folding buckle
H02352; Limited edition 25 pieces