between grey and black
For the second year of their partnership, HYT and Alinghi are hoisting the sails still higher with the H2 Alinghi, in the wake of the H4 Alinghi. ‘It’s a very successful twosome – just like the Alinghi team, twice winner of the America’s Cup’, says Vincent Perriard, Member of the board & co-founder of HYT.
For the first time in its history, HYT has built a case from as-cast titanium. This is also the very first H2 to feature the new black liquid, unveiled at the beginning of the year. The H2’s caliber has been suitably adapted: for the first time, it’s been crafted in two-tone black and grey; above it glides a brand new central minutes hand, drawing inspiration from marinestyle hands.
The new interplay between grey and black gives the watch an appearance that’s both technical and elegant, further highlighted by the bezel rider tab, which in another first, sports a rounded shape to accommodate the Alinghi logo.
Lastly, the hour flange has also been redesigned with a twin satin/glass blasted effect, making the hour markers stand out both more clearly and more gently. It’s mounted on a new ultra-resistant technical strap in matching shades.
Titanium with polished, micro blasted and satin finishes
- Diameter: 48.8 mm
- Height: 17.9 mm
- Screw-down dynamometric crown sheathed in black rubber
- Titanium protected crown
- Titanium case middle
- Titanium dome at 6 o’clock; Alinghi’s logo engraved in red varnish, “Alinghi” engraved in
- Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflection coating on the inside
- Screwed sapphire back
- Water-resistant to 50 metres.
- Retrograde black fluidic hours
- Minutes with a « déphaseur angulaire »
(jumping hand) at 30 minutes
- Crown position indicator (H-N-R)
- Thermal indicator.
Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive HYT calibre
- 21,600 vph, 3 Hz, 28 jewels
- Black titanium DLC bridges and rhodium-plated bottom plate
- 192-hour (8-day) power reserve.
- unstructured, fluidic hours
- Aluminium hour dial; black numerals
- Sapphire minute dial, black galvanic minute hand.