HYT bathes its
H4 in light
Innovation within tradition, the DNA of haute horlogerie, the movement heritage, and so on: forget it all. HYT does things its own way, and discards these received ideas. Need a known quantity to hang on to? Good news: the H4 Metropolis watch tells the time. As for the rest, you will need to forget anything that has been seen, designed, or even imagined before now.
The chassis is a familiar beast. Since the start of the year, the H4 watch has had more ink in publicity than it has in its capillary. It is based on the same movement architecture as the H1, HYT's inaugural piece, which has been completely skeletonised. With a 65-hour power reserve, this Swiss luxury watch unveiled its sculptural mechanism for the very first time and opened up a new creative universe for HYT. One so appealing that the brand decided not to meddle with it: the new H4 Metropolis watch is virtually a carbon copy of its big brother. Or is it?
Nothing has changed, except the essential
Using this as its basis, HYT has returned to its favourite game: creating, surprising, sometimes unsettling, always astounding. This time the brand has applied a radiant idea, as brilliant as it is difficult to spot at first glance. Only eagle-eyed enthusiasts will have noticed an intriguing detail: the presence of two push-pieces. What could they be for, on a watch with hours, minutes and seconds? The answer is a first for HYT – probably in watchmaking as a whole.
The H4 Metropolis watch is a piece equipped with an led light source. Under the rider at 6 o'clock, HYT has concealed two blue leds. Once activated, they flood the entire dial with blue light. At night, the green fluid is energised by this light source, becoming perfectly visible. At the same time, the wash of light flows into every nook and cranny of the calibre, literally bringing this skeleton architecture to life, and defying the laws of watchmaking.
titanium and titanium black DLC bezel with brushed, shot-peened and satin-finished surfaces
- diameter: 51 mm
- height: 17.9 mm
- rubber-clad screw-down black DLC titanium crown at 2:30 and at 4:30
- black DLC titanium dome at 6 o’clock
- convex sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the dial side
- screw-down sapphire case-back
- water resistant to 50 metres.
retrograde fluidic hours; minutes, seconds
skeleton mechanical hand-wound movement, HYT exclusive calibre
- 28,800 vib/h, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- bridges hand-bevelled and micro blasted, rhodium-plated bellows
- 65-hour power reserve.
Blue light mechanical module
- rewinding and push-button system with a crown at 4:30
- the dynamo works when the crown is compressed at 4:30. As soon as the button loosens the light stops working until the full decompression of the additional barrel spring.
unstructured, fluid hour display
- sapphire minute, seconds and power reserve dial
- white minute indexes and numerals
- black hour dial with white numerals
- luminescent grey minute hand and numerals
- regulator at 12 o’clock
- small seconds wheel at 9:30
- power reserve indicator at 2:30
black rubber base with integrated NOMEX™ canvas and black DLC titanium folding buckle
512-TD-45-GF-RN; 100-piece limited edition