Fluid. Forward-thinking. Fascinating.
Liquid matters. This fundamental truth is the inspiration, essence and driver of the H20. The new watch by HYT offers radical perspectives on time, through mesmerizing 3D transparency, plus a shape resembling a smoothed stone that has weathered time to perfection. It showcases the essential HYT union of art and science, mirrored by the capacity to defy gravity and measure the passage of time beautifully using fluids. This technology joins forces with a mechanical movement in a coherent whole, symbolic of a fundamental, fascinating fusion of time and space. What it boils down to is a unique timepiece that respects, facilitates and treasures the flow of time.
The H20 traces and embraces the essence of flow.
The visible H20 timing concept is rooted in the continuous movement of a colored and a transparent fluid in a capillary. Like a flourishing river, time never stands still. This technology reflects that core philosophy. A cloche-like sapphire crystal offers an intriguing lateral view of time’s progress. It takes the memory to the pristine equipment of a science laboratory and the imagination to the protective display of a precious item, in this case time. Viewed from the side, the digits, markers and directive arrows appear to be floating. Yet their anchor is pure precision.
There are two limited editions of the H20, each comprising 25 numbered pieces. One is clothed in black and harbors a bright green fluid; the other has a silver-colored case and deep blue liquid. Their universal design language is transparency, accenting aesthetics and technical detail simultaneously. The angled positioning of the two bellows that propel time forward in the patented HYT micro-fluidic module is the gateway to an overall appearance with a distinctive 3D character. A jumping minute hand, crown position indicator and thermal indicator are further elements of this live performance in a meticulously constructed theater of time. The H20 traces and embraces the essence of flow.
- 1.4435 stainless steel, circular-brushed and polished finishes
- Diameter: 51 mm
- Height: 19.95 mm
- Dynamometric screw-down crown, sheathed in black rubber
- Box domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Screwed case back, sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant to 30 metres
- Blue fluidic hours
- Phase shift minutes
- Crown position indicator (Hours-Neutral-Rewind)
- Thermal indicator
- Power reserve
- Manual winding mechanical movement, exclusive calibre
- 21,600 vph, 3 Hz, 28 jewels
- Sandblasted titanium bridges, blue PVD coating, satin finishes, rhodium-plated bellows
- 192-hour power reserve
HYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- Borosilicate glass capillary tube, nano-coating interior
- Multi-layer metal bellows
- Two immiscible liquids; one transparent, the other one colored with a highly resistant dye
- Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow and specific liquid
- High-tech ceramic fluidic restrictors
- Transmission between movement and fluidic module by conversion of rotation into linear movement using a cam-follower system
- Isostatic fluidic system pressing guaranteed by a trident
- Skeleton numerals ring, white lacquered interior
- Rhodium-plated and diamond-cut markers
- Minutes hand with red print, white Super-LumiNova®
- “HNR” hand with red print, white Super-LumiNova®
Black rubber; titanium folding buckle, black DLC coating
251-AC-46-BF-RU; Limited edition 25 pieces